1. Chin rubs. Most cats love a good chin rub. When relaxed, most cats will stretch their little heads as far as they can and almost groan with pleasure.
2. Offer a New Catnip Toy. Most cats love a good catnip toy ... as long as the catnip is fresh, high quality stuff.
3. Rub Just in Front of the Tail. This is a spot cats just can't reach. When you rub here, they love it so much that they almost go crazy.
4. Plenty of Toys. Variety is important. Offer plenty of toys so your cat will not get bored with the same toy. There are lots of great toys for cats that like to chase and play. Find out if your feline likes a string fling, feather flick stick or fuzzy mouse.
5. Outer Ear Rubs. Another spot most cats can't reach to really scratch is their ears. Try giving the lower earflap a good gentle rub. Take it between your thumb and index finger and give it a gentle massage using circular motions - very softly and gently.
6. Give Your Cat a View. Place a chair or table near a window with an interesting view. It is important to have things to enrich your cat's life. Cats love being able to observe the outside world.
7. Base-of-the-Ear Rubs. Most cats love this. Grab the ear at its base and gently massage. Most cats will lean toward you and purr away.
8. Create a New Cat Hideout. Offer a box with a towel or soft blanket in it to create a new "retreat" for your cat. Or drape a sheet over a table or chair to create that cave atmosphere they like so much.
9. Nose Rubs. Some cats love having the tip of their nose scratched - go with and against their hair growth. This is another spot they can't reach.
10. Give a Special Human Treat. How about a small piece of white meat chicken or a smidgen of tuna fish? You will get lots of kitty love for this!
11. Belly Rubs. Some cats hate having their bellies touched and others love it. I know cats that roll over like a dog to have their bellies rubbed - for them, this is a very special treat!
12. Marinade. Pick up some of your old cat toys and marinade them in some fresh catnip. Then reintroduce them in a week or two.