2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, friends, and entertainment but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me…remember that I could hurt you and yet, I choose not to bite or scratch you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if I might be sick or something could be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, have been in the sun too long, or my health is suffering.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You, too, will grow old someday.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier to bear for me if you are there, because I love you so.